Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blessed Easter Saturday to each of you.

We began a new tradition in our family today. We hosted my parents and brother’s family for lunch today. The best part was that we were all here. (Except for Asenath’s husband Cody who is spending Easter in Hawaii. Tough duty!) We were all so glad that it did not rain today and it was a perfect day to grill and eat out on the deck.

Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say Rejoice!”

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday. It is the day we celebrate and remember the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Tonight, Bruce and I made a trip to Wal-Mart and as we left the check-out stand the register attendant told us “Happy Easter.” I have noticed throughout the weekend those who have wished me or others “Happy Easter” have had the most wonderful smile and almost excited look on their faces. It was almost a look of anticipation.

Mary went to the tomb. Her anticipation told her that she would see the dead body of her Lord. When she arrived she found someone who she believed to be the gardener. Imagine her astonishment when she discovered that the One to whom she was speaking was Jesus, Himself. He was completely healed and speaking to her. I can only imagine that her heart was rejoicing. Her mood most likely went from total despair to complete elation as she conversed with the risen Christ.

This rejoicing Mary experienced is the same rejoicing God calls us to in all the parts of our lives. God walked out of the empty tomb that day and into our lives forever by the power of His Holy Spirit. God could not work in our lives if He remained sealed in the tomb.

Are our hearts sealed like the tomb? Or do we have to remove the stone from our hearts and let the power of God through Jesus greet us. When we roll back the stone in our own lives we walk out of darkness into light and from emptiness into a life of fullness with the One who loves us most. Rejoice my friends for when we roll away the stone, Jesus is waiting there.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. See you in worship tomorrow. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: