Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Choir practice was long tonight as we are preparing to lead and sing music for Easter Sunday morning. We are singing wonderful music. The service should “rock the house.” We will begin with “Make His Praise Glorious and close with “Soon and Very Soon.”

Ephesians 2:10 “ We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

I am serving on a Kairos Prison Ministry Team. The weekend will take place in late April. Bruce will be serving inside the prison and I will serve on the Outside Team. I am not sure if this is going to be my avenue of ministry but I am going to serve because I committed to this weekend.

Service for Christians is not an option. God created each of us to come into relationship with Him and then go out and make a difference through service to God and others. Whenever we serve others, help someone, listen to someone, hold someone when they are hurting, lift someone up when they are down, or are simply kind and saying thank you when the person at Starbucks hands us our morning coffee we are serving God. Serving God and others is one of the reasons God created us. A friend of mine was on her way to a meeting one Saturday afternoon. She became stuck in traffic and was going to be late to the meeting. She sat in her car and prayed, “Lord I have another ministry besides taking up space on this highway. Make a way for me off of this highway so that I may attend this meeting.” And lo and behold an exit presented itself that she had never even noticed and she got off of the highway and made it to the meeting.

God didn’t just create us to take up space, eat, breathe and shop. God fashioned each of us for a specific purpose. If we listen to His voice, follow His Word and spend time in prayer then God will tell us what our task on this earth. We will come to know what our contribution is to be in our lifetime through Jesus Christ.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: