Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Monday!

1 Timothy 4:15 “Practice these things. Devote your life to them so that everyone can see your progress.”

I have a student teacher. She is a lovely young woman who will be a wonderful teacher. She has a lot of common sense and a natural sense about her as she works in the classroom as a teacher. She is beginning to take over more of the classroom duties and shortly she will be teaching all day. Today she taught the Language Arts portion of the lessons today. Her content was presented well but, she made a few errors. Her errors were due to inexperience and a need for more practice. I guess that is why they call it “practice teaching.” We went over her lesson and classroom management and discussed ways she could improve. I fully expect tomorrow for those issues of which she was having trouble to be improved. Like I said before she just needs more practice.

There is only one way to become more like Christ. Practice, practice, practice! Good practices do not happen instantly. Only through intentionally being more loving, more forgiving, showing more kindness, more tolerance and exercising our faith repeatedly will we begin to become more like Christ. The Purpose Driven life has a name for this practiced behavior; it is called spiritual discipline.

God calls each of us to spiritual discipline. He does not expect us to come into relationship with Him with all of this figured out and have all of these character traits in place instantly. God teaches us through His Word and His more mature followers how to be more loving, act with kindness, how to be more forgiving, how to be more tolerant and how to act faithfully to the author and giver of our faith. He allows us to practice these Godly actions for the rest of our lives.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all dear friends, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: