Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Friday!!

It is a bit late and I must rise early for a Saturday. I am going to begin team meetings for the Kairos Prison Ministry, God’s Special Time for the Allred Unit in the morning. This is the first team meeting and it is in Decatur, Texas. I am looking forward to a new experience in service ministry. The only thing I know is that I will serve in come capacity on the Outside Team. I am asking for your prayers for the team that will gather and prepare for this very special ministry to a forgotten people.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

Today as I was at school one of my colleagues was presented with beautiful bouquet of roses and a heart shaped balloon. Both gifts were beautiful and a totally sweet gesture by her boyfriend. And as I watched her receive these gifts I began to think that not too long from now the flowers will have faded and the balloon will have lost its air and the vase will be empty and the balloon will be flat. Both of these gifts while sweet and exciting to receive are both temporary. Enjoy them for today, but don’t get too attached because soon they will be gone. I told Bruce as we watched this interchange that as sweet as those gifts are I really like a gift that is more lasting.

The truth is what we can count on to last forever, as believers, is not temporary, but eternal. The gift of love given by God is Jesus and by His resurrection we are granted eternal life - eternal life in Jesus Christ. His love, grace, forgiveness and tender mercies are everlasting. His love for us will never fade and His “air”, the Holy Spirit, will never go flat.

As we plan on gifts of love to share with those ones we love the most maybe we could share some of the gifts God has given us. Let us be more loving to our friends and family. Let us be more forgiving. Let us open ourselves to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

God wishes us a happy Valentine’s Day each day. His love, goodness, kindness and tender mercies are fresh and new every day and for all eternity.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: