Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Today was a wonderful blessing. It was a day filled with productive work, answered prayer, some really cool revelations in my theology class and a great dinner prepared by my two favorite men (Parmesan chicken, made from scratch and broccoli with cheese y-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-m-m-my!)

1 Corinthians 4:2 “Those who are trusted with something valuable must show they are worthy of that trust.”

Recently I borrowed a cookbook from a friend and I cooked from it throughout the Christmas and New Year’s holiday. As I cooked with it I noticed that the pages of the recipes we really enjoyed were a little dusty with flour and cornmeal. Also, the cookbook would open to the favorites and I could really tell they had been used. I felt really bad that I could not return the cookbook in the same condition in which it was received, so I purchased a new copy and gave it to my friend. She trusted me with the cookbook and so I felt it the honorable thing to do to return a perfect copy to her since the book did not belong to me.

Everything in our lives belongs to God. Our spouses, children, homes vehicles etc…We are just caretakers and stewards. I think I learned that lesson when I surrendered Casey over to God’s care and keeping. Casey belonged to God before he belonged to me and so I felt it my job to care for Him faithfully until someone else came along who could take over the job. We found out all too soon that God was to be his next and final caretaker. It was my prayer that we had taught Casey what he needed to live out his life when the time came without us by his side. I believe that Casey spent the final year of his life doing exactly what God would have him do. Casey was the representative hope for so many people and such a wonderful example of what a surrendered life looks like as it was lived out fully in his last year.

God entrusts so many things to us. I think what he entrusts to us the most is living out our lives as Jesus did. Are we telling others what God has done and is doing in our lives? Are we helping those who need help whether it is food in the fridge, a shoulder on which to cry, praying for a family in crisis or just a listening ear? Because we are God’s, He has lordship over our lives and because He has lordship over our lives we must take the best care of each other that we can.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: