Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy Saturday!

I began to work on my Ethics final today. I have the first part of the first case study completed. The case studies are on human genetic engineering, euthanasia and the living wage. I am not allowed to give my opinions on these subjects - I have to state in fewer than 12 pages how these ethical thinkers would respond to these subjects. It is going to be an interesting week. Depending on how the week goes and the writing flows, Bruce may be doing some of the writing his week. Thank you, darlin’. He is so great to help out.

1John 3:23 “This is what God commands…that we love each other.”

Did you ever think about how we learn things? Anything? Nobody learns alone. Someone had to teach us something along the way. It is our task to take what we learn and apply it in our lives. I learned to cook in my Mamo’s and Mother’s kitchens. I also love to sing. Yes, I was born with some natural ability, but my high school choir director took me under his wing and taught me to sing properly and to have a great love for music.

Most people will tell us to love, but only God gives us the power to love. Christ’s dying words were words of love. Three men hung on crosses that day on Calvary. One of the men mocked Jesus. The other man rebuked the first man saying that they were there because of the crimes they had committed, but Jesus had done nothing wrong. The second man did not even ask to be forgiven, just remembered. Jesus told him that today he would be with Him in paradise. Jesus loved the man in spite of whatever crime he had committed.

God loved the unlovely, the backstabbers, the liars, the cheaters the unfaithful ones and those who had no kindness in their hearts for anyone. God through Jesus asks us to love the unlovely and those who hurt us and others. How are we to do that? How can we love as God loves?

By being loved.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Love you all and see you in worship, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: