Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Thursday!

My goodness but it was cold today. There was also a full moon. If you combine a very cold day with a full moon and no recess you have the perfect storm for some very active and noisy first graders!!

Proverbs 4:18 “But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shines more and more unto the perfect day.”

Each night I close this journal with “take joy in the journey.” I remember when I began to use this phrase. I was in Houston with Casey and things were not going well. It seemed the only news we were receiving was bleak and Satan was working overtime to rob us of our joy. Finally one day I got fed up and posted a sign on the door to our room that simply said, “Satan, you have no power here!” I decided then and there that somehow there was going to be joy in the journey.

I don’t mean joy like all giggles, giddiness and smiles, but the joy that comes from knowing that God was with us all the time. There were situations that had to be worked out, solutions that had to be found and questions that needed to be answered. Even when the answers and decisions were not filled with the promise of healing, the joy was still that God walked the path with us and never left us alone. Maybe someday if there are answers to questions in heaven God can answer a few of mine. Maybe the answers I seek cannot be given to a set of earthly ears and are only able to be heard and understood as a citizen of heaven.

God doesn’t show us the end result at the beginning of the journey. He only shines the light at our feet for us to see where we are going for the next few steps. The best assurance we have is that the journey is made with God. Even though there was great pain and suffering with Casey’s disease and separation from family and friends; all of these things caused me to come into a close intimacy with the One who held all answers in His hands and more importantly the God who held us as close as our very next breath. God’s light shined in the darkness of the unknown and on all of our fears as a constant reminder that He was with us at each stage of the journey and guided each step we took.

Find ways to grow closer to God. When adversity hits hard try to stand in the midst of the presence of God and simply say “I trust you Father.” Then take joy in the journey because God is with you now and forever.

My dear friends, take joy in the journey, wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Update on Jeremy from last night. He ran out of gas late last night just north of Pecos with no one to help him. The Sheriff finally brought him some gas. He made the interview in El Paso, and, as of this writing, is on his way home.

No comments: