Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

It is quite late. Today was extra long with Bible Study with teachers at school, teaching all day, my LAST ethics class, a hurriedly eaten meal at church, worship and finally Praise Team practice. I am tired! It was a really wonderful day, but a really long day!

2 Peter 3:18 “But grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”

In my classroom we are talking and studying about changes as we age. We talk about getting taller, losing teeth, outgrowing our clothes and shoes etc…Children grow in other ways too. We have talked about the changes they have gone through since being babies and becoming “kids.” We have talked about the things they can do now that they could not do in kindergarten. We have talked about how, when they go to the doctor for a check-up, the doctor tells them how much they have grown.

As Christian adults we need to grow and change too. If we are in the same place spiritually today that we were six months ago then maybe we need to go and get a check-up. We don’t need a physical check-up we need a spiritual check-up. We need to see “Dr. Jesus.” (This is a reference to a Randy Travis song.) Upon our visit with the great physician He can tell if we are practicing good habits. He will ask, “How is your prayer life? I haven’t heard from you in a while.” Or “How is your study time going?” “How is your fellowship with other believers?” How is your service to others in the kingdom?” Friends, this is how we grow and stay spiritually healthy. We stay connected to the Father by practicing good spiritual habits.

God might ask all of us these questions, but the most important part of us He would check is our hearts. How much love does your heart hold and how often do you empty it in My name? Does your heart get enough exercise?

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Love you all so much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Please pray a special prayer for Jeremy Brewer. He is our Praise Team director. Tonight, he is driving to El Paso for an interview for medical school. His interview is at 8:45 in the morning and then he is driving back. Please pray travel mercy on this wonderful young man. Love you, gc

No comments: