Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

Okay, it is time to pray! The man from Oncor is coming to meet with Bruce and see the pile of stuff that was toasted due to faulty wiring at the pole. My prayer request is that they will take care of at least some of the things that were damaged by the power surges of weeks ago.

Philippians 2:14 “Do all things without murmurings and disputing.”
2 Timothy 2:8 “Remember Jesus Christ, who was raised from the dead…This is the Good News I preach.”

The Apostle Paul wrote this letter from prison not long before his death. And even though I have a few issues with Paul and his feeling towards women, he was a man of incredible faith and passion. It was his calling to tell others about Jesus no matter what the circumstance in which he found himself. So Paul, probably realizing that there would be no stay of execution, no last minute call from the governor, wrote to Timothy. In his writing he wrote “Remember Jesus Christ…who was raised from the dead.” This forthcoming beheading was a terrible burden to bear and the anticipation must have been horrific and yet in his passion for Christ, he continued to write and told Timothy, “this ministry must continue whether I am here or not. You must not get angry at my death, but praise God in his resurrection.”

So, friends, when times are tough, remember Jesus. When your spouse or children are not listening, remember Jesus. When your heart is broken and the tears don’t seem to stop, remember Jesus. When those we care for and count on disappoint, remember Jesus.

Remember Jesus raised the dead with just the call of their name. Remember Jesus both divine and human and remember His holiness in dealing with those in whom He came into contact. And remember Jesus wept with human tears.

When we remember Jesus we know that all will be okay. When we remember Jesus we remember to place our trust in Him completely. Wait on His loving word and joy and glory will flood your soul. He asks for all we have for He gave all He had because of His love for us.

Take joy in the journey, carry an umbrella and tie a string around your finger to remember Jesus. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: