Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

I pray this writing finds you with the joy of having Christ in your heart.

1 Timothy 6:7-8 “We brought nothing unto the world, so we can take nothing out. But, if we have food and clothes, we will be satisfied with that.”

With an economy that is “iffy” I give thanks for food, water, electric, gas for heating, gas in my car and a healthy family. And I must admit that I am satisfied with those things. Sure, I would love to go on a shopping spree at my favorite store, “Christopher and Banks,” but right now what I have is fine and plentiful.

I have at times not been satisfied with what I have. I think there is a difference in wanting more and wanting better. I have not really wanted more things, but I have wanted and sometimes needed better things. Our home really needed a rehab. We now have fewer physical things, but what we have is nice and we have more room. And as Travis says, “our house is cozy.” But to Bruce’s chagrin, I am not satisfied with some things about our house and it still needs some work.

So let us talk about that word satisfied. Satisfied should mean…enough. Not more than we need and not less than we need, but just enough: sort of like eating. We need to eat until we are satisfied, but most of us eat until we are full. We are rarely satisfied. For most of us, the faster something works, the larger the memory, the more powerful the item, the more technological etc…the better we like it until something comes along that is faster, more powerful, with a larger hard drive, has more rooms, and will accept more applications and we believe we need to have it. What are we trying to fill with all of this stuff?

There is only one thing that can satisfy our emptiness and our longing. What satisfies does not come in a box, it cannot be ordered from a menu, it cannot be messaged on our phone or even drawn from a healthy bank account. What satisfies is our relationship with God. I can pretty well tell you that until you have a relationship with God there is nothing that will “satisfy” your longing soul or the empty places in your life. So friends, if you are experiencing emptiness then come before God with your emptiness and ask Him to fill it with His love. His love keeps on giving not only until we are satisfied, but until it is filled to overflowing, pressed down, shaken and overflowing once again.

Take joy in the journey, wear a sweater and open up your heart to receive God’s blessings and be filled with His joy. Love you all with great joy, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I ask you to keep my cousin Danny in your prayers. He is scheduled to see a neurosurgeon to find out what is causing his seizures. Thank you, gc

No comments: