Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Monday!

I hope this writing finds you warm and dry. The stoves are lit and the house is cozy and warm.

Psalm 119: 65 “You have done good things for your servant as you have promised. Lord”

When Geni was about 5 years old we were went to visit Grandmother Liveley in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Grandmother Liveley was Bruce’s maternal grandmother and great-grandmother to our children. We must have been going out to lunch and Grandmother was walking down the steps. She was using a three pronged cane for stability to get down the stairs. Geni walked up to Grandmother and said, “Here Grandmother, take my hand and we will go down the stairs together.” Grandmother let go of the railing and took Geni’s tiny hand. I will never forget how Grandmother placed her hand into Geni’s small hand and down the stairs they went. For just a few moments I was witness to an “eternal instant.” The 70 year age gap was completely bridged and a glimpse into the heart of God as offered by this precious 5 year old and her great-grandmother. Both souls seemed to know that in this simple offering that everything would be okay.

As much drama as our family has been through in the last two years, eternal instants have become really important. Travis telling me that our house was “cozy” was a moment I will not forget; Bruce sitting with me at the restaurant when I missed Casey so much; Geni daily planting a kiss on my cheek and kitchen dancing with me just when I need to dance are eternal instants.

None of these moments cost a dime, but each has a value on which no price can be placed. These are all moments in my life that let me know that everything will be okay and even though it is raining, the sun still rises. All of these moments are moments of love. They happen to remind me that love is the greatest possession we have and because we have love we have nothing to fear. These moments are signs of God’s love and goodness toward all of us.

Look for the “eternal instants” in your daily life. They will be moments you will treasure forever.

Take joy in the journey, carry an umbrella and keep your eyes open and your heart ready to receive just a glimpse into eternity while still here on earth. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: