Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Thursday!

Lamentations 3: My soul continually thinks of it and is bowed down within me. But this I call to mind and therefore have hope; The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end;”

Lots of news tonight!

First, Geni has her first substitute teaching job tomorrow. She is excited and a bit nervous. She will be substituting for the music teacher at Briscoe Elem. We ask your prayers for her as she takes her first steps in the world of teaching. What an awesome experience she is about to undertake!

Bruce met with the Oncor man and has worked out a settlement for all of the items that were toasted in the power outage except the Bose. I guess he did not know what a Bose radio was and did not exactly believe what the item really cost. He was going to investigate into the Bose further.

Tonight Geni, Travis and I were on our way to Wal-Mart and were hit by whom we and the police officers believe was a drunk driver. We are all just fine. We will most likely be sore in the morning, but other than that we appear to be unharmed. The driver of the Mustang appeared to have lost control of his car and hit us. If that wasn’t enough, he and the passenger in the car fled the scene. My car is a quite a mess, but the Mustang is a disaster! Way to go “Old Girl!” (Old Girl is the name of my Taurus) We give God praise and thanksgiving that all three of us were unharmed. After all, metal, wire and plastic can be replaced, but children and parents cannot.

Upon our final return home we gathered for prayer in our living room giving thanks to God for our safety and even for the hoped well-being of the men who hit and fled.

Lamentations 3: 20-22, “My soul continually thinks of it and is bowed down within me. But this I call to mind and therefore have hope; the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end.”

Carme sent me this verse this morning via a text message. I am not sure why she chose this passage, but I am certainly glad she did. God never loses sight of us. The steadfast love of God never ceases. I am convinced that God (maybe at Casey’s insisting) sent His angels to surround us and protect us from harm. So tonight we are living is such a state of grace as we were mercifully protected in a situation that was out of our control. Once again God was merciful and has given us more time on this earth to be together and to praise His name.

Take joy in the journey, watch out for the bats (that is what we call drivers who drive like bats fly!) and wear a sweater. Love you all so very much and thank you for all of your prayers, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: