Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Thursday!

Isaiah 43:5 “Fear not, I Am with you.”

I have several close friends who are walking some really hard, rocky roads right now. Our family is also walking a bit of a rough road right now with the economy. Between these wonderful friends and our own situation it seems I am praying a lot of the time. Last night I did not sleep well because I thought about my friends and us and could not rest. I did all of my usual tricks when I have trouble sleeping. I sing the Lord’s Prayer in my head. I count my blessings, I count. And I continue to pray. As I was praying for God to help me to sleep it finally dawned on me…I needed to lay all of these burdens at the feet of the Father and walk away and rest. I needed to unclutter my mind and rest in the One Who is with me. So I finally prayed for safety for the night. I gave thanks that Bruce was beside me and the kids were down the hall, said Amen and went to sleep.

I say this simple verse, or at least the first two words -”fear not” all the time, but I don’t say the last part of the phrase…”I Am with you.” The great I Am has promised to be with each of us no matter what. The One who created the universe and sent Jesus to the earth so we could know Him says, “Fear not. I AM with you…” comforts me. When God is with us then we must place ourselves in His total care and trust that He has everything under control. The verse does not say He is there only in times of need or to celebrate in times of joy, the verse says, I Am with you.

Lord Jesus, thank you for being with us all the time. Help all of us to rest in your love, grace, tender mercies, and eternal presence.

Take joy in the journey. We love you lots, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: