Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day to you all!

I stayed super busy getting caught up with errands and things round the house. It was a great day and I got nearly my entire list accomplished. Yea! Just a couple of quick updates: first, Carme came through her surgery very well and is recouping. Ken (my brother) came through his surgery very well also and the damage to his shoulder was not as extensive as earlier anticipated so his surgery was not as extensive and the recovery time has been cut in half. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Mark 6: 41—44 “When He had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, He…blessed, and broke the loaves…and they that did eat of the loaves were about five thousand men.”

You have probably heard this story about a million times. I never tire of hearing the story and the wonderful image it paints. I envision the hillside with families gathered to hear the Teacher speak the truth about how we should live and about the time when we will see Him face to face in heaven someday. What an amazing site that must have been.

I would like for you to think of this story a bit differently. One of the points of the story is for the disciples to believe through a very concrete action that they were to rely on Jesus for everything - that no matter what, they could rely on His power for their every need. Jesus wants us to drop off our burdens at His feet and sing merrily on our way.

I am in the paper writing business at Brite Seminary. I love the feeling of completing the paper I am writing and either sending it through the airways through email or printing and handing it in. It is such a great feeling to be unburdened of the document. At that point it is out of my hands. There is not another thing I can do with the paper.

God does the same thing for us. If we but drop off our burdens at His feet and walk away then he takes it from there and lifts the burden unto Himself and deals with the problem. If we keep our burdens to ourselves pretty soon we are “burdened” down with suffering, pain and sorrow. If we surrender our problems to the Father and rely on His to handle and carry them then we can walk away happy, singing and rejoicing because the King of King has taken it out of our hands. Leave your burdens at the feet of the Father and trade your sorrows for the joy of the Lord.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: