Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

Second day of school and all is well. Travis discussed his philosophy class at dinner tonight. It was great to hear him talk about what he was learning in his classes. I think he is going to enjoy his college career. (He also said, “And the girls in my class are hot!) Some things will never change.

Matthew 7:14 “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.”

I think all of us have read or heard this verse all of our lives. But have you ever thought about that narrow way? Just how narrow is that way? When it comes down to it God will judge us one by one when we meet Him face to face. So I used to think that the path must be one person wide. But then as I began to read more on this one verse I changed my thinking about just how wide that path is. I have walked that path for most of my life. There have been times I have veered off of it a bit and then there were times that I left it all together and chose another road. So far I have found my way back each time. But here is what I think about that path…that path was more than one person wide. All along that road to that gate I have walked and still walk…God has always walked and continues to walks with me encouraging and leading me in love to that gate that is strait. I also believe that when the day comes for me to enter that gate, I won’t be alone there either. I think the same Jesus that walked the narrow path with me my whole life will be there with me when I enter the gate and meet the Father face to face.

As a teacher I work long hours. I get tired and sometimes a bit weary, but as most teachers do; we keep on going until the job is finished. God’s love for us through Jesus works the same way. Jesus walks with us in each step we take until the job is finished and reach the gate.

Take joy in the journey and say thanks to a teacher that never gave up on you. Love you all my dear friends, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I begin my class at Brite Seminary for this semester; tomorrow afternoon. It is a class on Christian ethics. Please say a prayer that I can keep up with the class. I have heard this is one is really tough. And also our friend Rhonda Banks lost her father to cancer on Monday. We ask your prayers for peace and comfort for their family. Peace, gc

No comments: