Monday, August 24, 2009

Blessed Sunday!

Worship was such a blessing today. The sanctuary was really full, Addie and Jeremy were back as was Pastor Joel.

Ephesians 6: 11 “Put on the whole armor of God.”

Tomorrow is the first day of school. In our house there are three of us returning to school. I will begin my teaching duties again and Geni, Travis and I are all in college this semester. It has taken quite a bit of time to prepare all of us for the events of this week. We (Geni, Bruce and Travis) have spent the last two weeks getting my classroom ready for the children on Monday. We then purchased Travis his first computer and a beautiful desk for his college studies. Geni needed a more professional wardrobe as she is going to substitute teach three days a week beginning in late September or early October. What we all have done is prepare as fully as possible for the tasks ahead of us. I needed to write lesson plans, run off papers and prepare centers to be ready for teaching first graders. I don’t know that I am fully prepared, but by the time I greet the children in the morning I should be as prepared as possible.

God offers us His full protection. What is the armor of God? The armor of God is the Word. The more we read and study and apply it to our lives the stronger the armor becomes. Another piece of the armor is prayer. The more we pray and study God’s Word the more we know about God and the stronger the armor becomes. The stronger the armor the better we are able to withstand the forces of evil. The stronger the armor the better we can make godly choices over worldly choices. When metal is melted down and fashioned the impurities are filtered out and the pure metal remains. The final pieces that fashion the armor of God are forgiveness and righteousness. I don’t think the armor of God is weakened when we need forgiveness. When we humble ourselves before the Father and confess our sins before the Father then the armor of God is strengthened because more of God is present in the armor. When we do things God’s way we experience righteousness.

Tomorrow is another chance to begin again. Whether you are beginning a new school year or returning to work on Monday, while you are dressing in a suit for Monday or new dress for the first day of school; stop! Put on a garment of praise and wear the armor of God. Pray, read or in my case listen to God’s Word, confess and give thanks. Your armor should be strong enough to withstand whatever the day brings before you.

Take joy in your journey. We love you lots, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: