Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Saturday!

Proverbs 18:10 “I saw of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runneth into it, and it is safe.”

“This is the air I breathe. This is the air I breathe. Your Holy Presence living in me.” This phrase is from one of my favorite songs titled Breathe. I find it completely profound that the last song Casey would ever sing was this one song. He was using oxygen, his lungs were covered in sarcoma cancer and unknown to him and us that the cancer was rapidly talking his life and yet he sang this song with his dad.

“Your very Word spoken to me.” Isn’t it amazing that just the mere mention of the name of Jesus can calm the storm on the sea? Just breathing the name of Jesus is the power of the Holy Spirit that lives in each one of us who have a relationship with the Father. Breathing the name of Jesus takes me to the safest place I can go. When I breathe the name of Jesus I am no longer lost. I am safe in the arms of the Father. Sometimes when my soul is in pieces from sorrow or hurt and I can’t even pray, I can speak the name of Jesus and that is all I need because God knows my heart.

God’s name is a strong, safe place to go. The righteous go run into it and they are safe. I always think of a righteous person as being one who is strong and fearless. Maybe a righteous person is one who is smart enough to run to the Father first instead of trying everything else and then going to God. I love the feeling and security of safety. I know Casey is in the safety of the Father’s arms and is without fear.

When Casey would be asleep I would stand or sit for long periods of time and just watch him breathe just as I did when he was a baby. With each I breath I watched him take, I felt a sense of peace just knowing he was still with us. When I speak the name of Jesus or breathe the name of Jesus I have a sense of peace knowing God is still with me and even sometimes through tears, I rejoice and give thanks.

See you in worship in the morning and take joy in the journey. Love you all dear friends, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: