Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

I arrived at school this morning very early to meet with the BHE Fellowship group. My classroom door has recently been refinished (and beautifully, I might add) and a new lock has been installed. We did not receive new keys for our locks until yesterday. This morning I went to unlock the door and start the coffee and the door would not unlock. I tried and tried. I called Mr. Mac (one of my team) and he tried and tried. We called the custodian and she tried two different keys without any luck. Finally we called the head man over construction, who just happened to be in the building and he tried and tried using my key and the custodians keys. He is now calling downtown to get someone from maintenance to come out and unlock my door.

In the meantime I am sitting in my TCU chair outside my door drinking coffee and trying to figure out how I am going to teach 17 first graders out in the hall with all of their supplies on the other side of the door. Kevin, the construction foreman, finally called for a “super” key and the door opened. I love a happy ending (and my paper was turned in on time)!

1 Corinthians 12:7 “Something from the Spirit can be seen in each person, for the common good.”

Today I needed someone with a gift for locks and keys. Several people tried to open my door including me and no matter what we tried the door to my classroom would not open. It took the original key and the man who installed the lock to unlock the door. Another example of this scripture happened tonight. We are singing at my Mom and Dad’s church on Sunday morning. Daddy has requested I sing “It is Well with My Soul.” I cannot find the music anthology that contains this piece of music. I have turned my house upside down and cannot find it. So I looked online for an accompaniment track and place the order for overnight delivery. It is out of stock and will not be available until September 20.

I am now beginning to get really nervous and somewhat frustrated. I even tried to locate a downloadable track of the accompaniment. I could not find it. But Bruce did. He plays and searches the computer all the time and knew how to find the music I needed. Just like Kevin and my lock, Bruce continued to search until he found what I needed. I needed someone who knew the internet to find what I needed.

God gives us gifts. When we place our trust in Christ, He places within us the Holy Spirit. The Spirit deposits “house warming gifts” (ala Max Lucado) for use for the common good of His children. Today, this child, me, needed people with greater knowledge and experience that I did not have. God gave all of us strengths in our gifts. When we are given these gifts, God uses these gifts for the common good of others and to His glory. The verse says that “each” of us receives gifts. No one of us is ever gift denied or deprived. But we are expected to use our gifts to help others and to further the Kingdom . What is really awesome is that we have an uncommon God who uses common people to spread His Word and act in his name. He equips us with His gifts so that we may unlock the key to someone’s heart and life to further His Kingdom here on earth. Use the gifts God has given you to do ARKs. Remember Random Acts of Kindness.

Take joy in the journey and don’t forget your keys. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: