Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Thursday! Wow! Are we sure this is June? The rain and storms were ferocious. Geni said, “Forget that April showers bring May flowers business.” We, Geni, Travis and I were out in it today taking Travis to the TCC NE Campus. He filled out the application and was accepted. He will attend New Student Orientation on Monday and can register after the orientation.

I have begun to clean a few things out and I have started with my dresser. It was and still is pretty full, but this is only the first go round. I have found receipts from shopping, tags from clothes hurriedly yanked from garments, several bottles of nail polish and two boxes of change I have been collecting for who knows how long. There might be enough for a partial tank of gas or a trip to Fuzzy’s. I also came across at least three sets of pictures. All of the pictures were Casey and Geni when they were quite young. The pictures of Geni were in the days when I dressed her in bonnets and when Casey would read to her. Travis had not entered the “picture” as yet. One of the sets was of Casey’s first birthday. He is covered in cake from his head to his toes. Wonderful memories of a beautiful boy and the treasured times spent with our daughter and son.

James 5:11 “The Lord is very compassionate and merciful.”

Tonight after the storm had stopped for a while I sat on the porch in one of the rockers and began prayer time. I gave thanks that we were so fortunate to still have lights and power tonight. The power in our house usually goes out during a storm of far less magnitude than the ones of today. I prayed for those who were without power, those who were flooded out, those whose cars were overcome by water and gave thanks for their owners being rescued. I prayed for two of our friends who are without employment. One of these friends is relocating to Kansas leaving her grown children behind. I gave thanks that I am employed and that Bruce has been so blessed to work for a company and own a company so that work right now is staying fairly steady. I pray for God’s mercy on those who are without light tonight and that God will light their path with restored power very soon and a way to make it until power is restored. I pray for the compassion of Christ to rest on those who have to collect house payments and utility payments that they may allow these precious ones pay as soon as they can. And I pray for the children that are being left behind. I ask that the healing power of God, the God who repairs brokenness with His compassionate love will keep this family close as the miles grow farther away.

The scripture tonight tells us that “God is…” not God will be, or God might be, or God will if we…The Word says, “God is very compassionate and merciful.” Not just a little compassionate and merciful, but “very” compassionate and merciful. God loves us so much and He hates to see us hurting, worried and afraid. God sent Jesus to show us His tender mercies and His compassion while Jesus was on the earth. Jesus showed great compassion and mercy to so many while He walked on the earth. God needed His people to see His compassion and mercy enacted in the body of Jesus.

Tonight, let us join in prayer for those who are in the darkness whether physical or spiritual. Let us pray for those families separated by miles or by misunderstanding in the same room and for those who are so desperately in need of employment, May God bless them with what they need while they seek out other means of employment.

Take joy in the journey. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

1 comment:

orangesweetness said...

i just wanted to thank you, i read your blog every morning and it gives me something what i am not sure but it gives me it.