Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Thursday! Today was infinitely better than yesterday. The class was much calmer and learning went on in my classroom and not chaos. Tomorrow is the day before Valentine’s Day and that means the Valentine parties will be held at school tomorrow afternoon. For some reason Valentine’s Day is far more difficult for the children than Christmas or any other seasonal celebration.

Proverbs 3:6 says, “In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

This time of the year teachers hold a lot of parent conferences. Some of those conferences do not hold good news for them as their children are going to need to repeat a grade, or their grades are slipping or perhaps some testing may need to be done or a variety of other issues. I have held four of these conferences this week with a few more scheduled for next week. These are emotionally taxing conferences for the teacher and parents alike. I have been teaching for almost 30 years. Before each conference I practice what I need to say to the parents and then I pray about the conference. I ask for the Holy Spirit to be between the parents and myself and pray that our conversation will be respectful, that we will both listen and remember that we must keep the best interest of the children at the forefront of our conversation.

Scripture says, “In ALL your ways acknowledge Him…” When I read that passage I realize that God wants to me trust Him and acknowledge Him in everything I do. He wants me to pray about not just times that are kind of tough, but to be prepared through prayer and study to whatever comes in our path. As I further meditate on this passage I realize that God does not want me to miss an opportunity to share His love, grace, forgiveness, and kindness with those people with whom I come into contact. That means sharing God’s love through word and action with my family, my co-workers, those in my class, people in the store, at church, my neighbors…If we are willing to be God’s voice and His hands then God will grow us in righteousness and place opportunities in our lives to share His love, grace and forgiveness with others because of the love, grace and forgiveness He has so kindly bestowed upon us. What an amazing journey God will lead us on when we acknowledge Him.

Take joy in the journey fellow walkers in the faith. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

1 comment:

Al Rearick said...

Convicted again. Praise God that though His Word convicts me, His grace rescues me. Repeatedly, thankfully.

This was another inspiring one, Gaylene. Keep up the good work.

Love,
Al