Thursday, October 16, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811. I am asking for prayer for the family of Pat Carr. I sat next to her at a Via deCristo team meeting this past Saturday.  The team received an email last evening that she has had several strokes and is in ICU in Bedford. I have not heard any updates today.  The Prayer Warrior Alert is being requested.  Please pray for this wonderful woman and her family.  Thank you.

Dear God, my time is in your hands. Put your presence in my heart. Lord, I trust in your voice and I trust in Your Word. Help me to listen and always make time for you each day.  Thank you kind and loving Lord for the quiet moments of “God “time. I love you, in Jesus’ name, amen.

The candle is lit…

For a very long time I could never find a regular time for a scripture study and prayer time.  A friend once told me as I was confessing my issue of not having a quiet time to find a study that fit my time and that would be easier.  When I first came to understand what a personal relationship with God was about I learned that part of that relationship included a regular scripture study and prayer time. Most of the friends who shared this with me had an early morning “quiet time.”  Most of my days began so early anyway that getting up earlier than when I usually got up just would not work for me.  So when I got to college I began a regular “quiet time” at 9:00 am. I had a class at 8:00 and one at 10: 00. So I dedicated that hour in between to my quiet time.  I did not study for classes or have coffee with friends or even go back to sleep. I dedicated, set aside that time each day.  When I discovered that time really worked well for me I began to schedule my classes around that time if it was at all possible. I began to place really great importance on my 50 minute hour with God. After graduation when I entered the teaching workforce my dedicated 9:00-10:00 hour was not possible and so I changed to an evening study and prayer time. 

The point is that while the time of day you spend in dedicated, uninterrupted study and prayer is not important that you spend time with God is!  Meeting with God is all about time! It takes time to read and absorb a scripture passage. It takes time to meditate and pray and remember and reflect. But most important it takes time to come to know God.  Here is the truth about time…time is irreversible and my meditation uses the word “irretrievable.”  So my friends look for time in your day or evening to spend time with God and come to know God as your friend, Savior and Lord.

“I pray to you, Lord. So when the time is right, answer me and help me with your wonderful love.”
Psalm 69: 13

Take joy in the journey praying as your go. Find some time along the way to come to know God a little better each day through reading the Word and praying.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: