Monday, October 13, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Monday!  All is well here at 811. It was cool enough this morning and last night to light the stoves on low.  I love the warmth that they bring and the change in the weather. I loved getting up and putting on a comfy sweater and jeans. 

The candle is lit…

Dear God, I am grateful that you are ready to give when I am ready to ask. Thank you that your Word clearly tells us to ask in order to receive. Help us to be ever mindful to serve you with a thankful heart. Lord, thank you for loving us so very much and having such great desire to help us when we ask. I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name, amen.

Did you know in The Lord’s Prayer we ask God for help five times.  “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done…Give us this day…forgive us our debts…lead us not into temptation…deliver us from evil…

Scripture clearly tells us the importance of asking in order to receive.   This call to ask in order to receive is repeated throughout scripture to leave no doubt how God wants us to act when we have need. Psalm 143: 9-10 “Rescue me from my enemies…”  Cry your deepest needs to God. God does not tire of our requests and does not think less of us when we ask.  My meditation shares a quote by Charles Spurgeon, “Whether we like it or not, asking is the rule of the kingdom.”  When we ask for help we are acting in obedience to God’s good Word.  We are asked and instructed in The Lord’s Prayer to tell God what we need believing that God will hear our request and honor what we have asked.  Whatever our needs God will strengthen us for whatever tasks are present in our lives giving us insight into God’s loving plans for us filling our hearts and minds with assurance of God’s love and care for us and constant concern for our wellbeing.  So my friends…ask God for help and see the remarkable ways in which the prayer is answered.

“Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.”
Psalm 143: 9-10
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”
Matthew 7: 7

Take joy in the journey praying as you go  asking God for help along the way.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: