Wednesday, October 15, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well here at 811. 

The candle is lit…

Dear God, thank  you for hearing me whether I talk to you silently or out loud. Continue to teach me to be still before you and wait for your voice that leads me before I move forward. I know it is in times of quiet that you whisper truth to my heart.  Lord, I know that my faith stretches when struggles come and I learn to look beyond the anxious moments and trials and claim them all as victory in your name.  Help me to keep you at the center of my life and trustingly place circumstances in your loving perspective.  I love you Lord and place my trust in you.  In Jesus’ name, amen.

There is a wonderful story about the late gospel singer Vestal Goodman. She had a powerful voice with a faith that matched that wonderful voice. The story goes that Vestal did not go through anyone when she wanted to talk to God. She just walked right into the throne room of grace and spoke her piece before God. (If you know of Vestal Goodman you can so visualize this action.)  The story further goes that she spoke clearly and specifically to God. One night when she was in an outdoor concert and there was threatening rain and storms.  She stopped the concert and began to pray for the rain to hold off until the concert was over.  God faithfully answered her prayer. Her friends said she and God had such a good relationship that if she made request of God, the request was most often granted.

When we pray to God we can speak to God directly and very specifically about our needs.  We can share our feelings with God and tell God what is going on and even more so we can tell God how we would like for things to be and ask for God’s help! I think when we speak clearly, specifically and expectantly to God then our relationship with God grows. When we keep God in the center of our lives we are ever mindful of God’s presence as we go through our day.  When I have my prayer time as I am going to school I sometimes do not say amen. I tell God that I am just going to keep the channel open for the day. When I do this I am ever mindful that God is with me and available for conversation when I am ready to talk. 

“Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.”
Psalm 50: 15
“When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue them and honor them.”
Psalm 91: 15
Take joy in the journey praying as you go. Walk into the throne room of grace and visit with God with expectancy!  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: