Saturday, August 16, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Saturday!  All is well here at 811.

Dear God, How wonderful it is to see you now and get to know you more each day. God I know you are the keeper of all of your promises.  Sometimes it is difficult to wait for my dreams and hopes to be realized. Yet, Lord, I have confidence, that you will keep your promises and will use me as you see fit. Lord, I surrender my will to you and ask for your clear strong voice to speak and that I would understand and follow. You are strong Lord and strong within me. Your faithfulness surrounds me and your love attends me. Thank you loving Lord. I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name, amen.

The closer we get to God the more we see different sides of our Creator and Lord. Sometimes we need to feel the love of God. Sometimes we need to be grounded in God’s faithfulness and sometimes we need to be assured of the hope and promises of God.  There are so many sides to God. My meditation tonight offers the comparison of God to a prism. What we see depends on how we turn the pieces of glass.

“Turn it in faith and see the greatness of God. Turn it to love and see the warmth of God. Turn it in hope and see the promises of God. Turn it in anticipation and see the guidance of God. Turn it in assurance and see the eternity of God.”

I have needed God in all of these ways; sometimes one at a time and sometimes all at once.  When we place our trust in God we count on His promises and can be assured that His promises are never broken. God has not forgotten His word to us. It is our faith and trust in God that allows us to wait on Him with confidence and hope.

“He said to them, ‘Come and you will see.’ So they came and saw where he was staying; and they stayed with Him that day.”
John 1: 39
“Lord God of Hosts, who is strong like You, Lord? Your faithfulness surrounds me.”
Psalm 89: 8

Take joy in the journey praying as you go. Look closely to God to meet all of your needs and trust in Him. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: