Wednesday, July 9, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well here at 811. I made pancake muffins for supper tonight. The best part about pancake muffins is that there are always some left over and a great breakfast the next day! 

It is time to light the candle.

Dear God, I receive from blessings upon blessings. Help me to be a blessing. Show me how to use your abundant blessings to help others. Teach me to obey your principles so that as I go about my day I can work with your wisdom as a guide and be found honorable. May my life glorify you in everything I do.  You have entrusted me with many things and I pray that I am being found faithful in my responsibilities so that the reward I receive is the trust found in me because of your presence in my life. Thank you for seeing my friend Allison through the surgery today. As she begins this new healing remain with her, sustain her, heal her and love her. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

There is something that has always amazed me. Back in the days of the early Church there were many Christians who were being persecuted unto death and yet the New Testament Church thrived and grew.  Perhaps it was the way in which they took care of each other and their community that they thrived in the face of horrible persecution. The more the early Church gave to those in need the greater the blessings God gave them and the more they grew The flow of God’s blessings are received by us only to have them go through us to bless others. I don’t think it is always money. I think when we share our time, our refrigerators, our ears, our pens and stamps to send cards to those in need and others .  How many times have we done something, given to someone or helped someone and been a blessing only to find ourselves on the receiving end of a blessing in return. We did not ask for the blessing, but when we give to others God gives to us. So do not rob someone of being a blessing to you and be a blessing to someone.

“Remember that the person who plants few seeds will have a small crop; the one who plants many seeds will have a large crop.”
2 Corinthians 9: 6

Take joy in the journey giving thanks for the blessings you have received and be a blessing to someone. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and pray for each other. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: