Sunday, June 1, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday and Happy June!  All is well here at 811.  Bruce finally came home around 11: 30 very tired, but very happy to be working.  Bruce and I had a date this evening.  We went to see Maleficent.  Well, Maleficent is magnificent!  I highly recommend you go and see it.  Do not let anyone tell you anything about it because it is not what you are expecting. 

Dear God, not only do I believe you exist and can do anything, but I also completely trust that you love me enough to help me. Teach me to pray for those who do not know you and to act wisely as I live my life for you.  I love you so much Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

My devotional  book I read from each evening is divided into month long themes with a brief verse to begin the study. 
“More than anything else, put God’s work first and do what he wants. Then the other things will be yours as well.”
Matthew 6: 33

The definition of faith is one we can usually recall from memory or at least paraphrase; “being completely assured of what you hope for and absolutely certain of what you do not see.”  This is a verse we need to write on our hearts and claim out loud when everything around you goes against hope. This verse tells God and the world that we have complete confidence in God.  There are not many absolutes in this life but if you look at this verse the words assured, completely assured, certain, absolutely certain…these words proclaim that God can do the impossible. 

But we are human with doubts and yet we still ask the question, “Does God really love me enough to help me?”  My faith has to say, “Absolutely yes!” God showed his love for us in the life of Christ, but it is our choice to love him back by faith, being fully assured that God will not fail us.  Each day when I have a radiation treatment I pray a few things; I pray that God will be with me. I pray that God will help me. And I give thanks for the radiation that is killing any cancer cells that might be remaining. (and I count ceiling tiles.) When I begin to tackle the 100 questions for ordination I ask for help and that God will be with me and to not be overwhelmed and to take one question at a time.  May I be clear, concise and above all else be found faithful.  So my friends whatever you pray for pray in faith, pray for help because we have this wonderful God who loves us beyond our farthest reaching imagination and is there to help us with an unlimited storehouse of love for each of us.

“Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
Hebrews 11: 1
“May the Lord direct your hearts into [realizing and showing] the love of God and into the steadfastness and patience of Christ.”
2 Thessalonians 3: 5
Take joy in the journey giving thanks that God loves us enough to be patient with each of us. Wear comfortable shoes because a journey in uncomfortable shoes would be just awful!  Get some sleep and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: