Thursday, May 22, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811.  Check off day 6 with 28 to go. In this process of recovery from breast cancer I read a lot about how to better take care of myself. I have been eating better, trying to go to bed a little earlier and now I am going to add some exercise.  In the reading I have done much of it recommends yoga. So today I purchased a yoga mat, gripper socks and a DVD of Yoga for Beginners. I plan to begin to learn yoga. Wish me luck and pray that I do not find myself in the shape of a pretzel. 

Dear God, It is hard to understand all you have done for me, but i am so thankful that you understand me perfectly.  Thank you for always being ready to help me. Please increase my wisdom by continually reminding me to seek you.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

I have continued to ponder the image of Jesus that I received on the first day of my treatment. In this pondering I have asked myself how can a God who is limitless in power, wisdom, and love understand what it is like to live in our world?  God created this world and in its fallen nature does God really know and understand how frightening and sometimes frustrating it can be?  I received the answers to these questions in thinking on the cross of Calvary and the man Jesus hanging there. Jesus hung there filling the expanse between God and me (all of us.) Because of Jesus life here on earth and His suffering death on the cross Jesus completely understands and out of His limitless love and tender mercies mediates our joys, sorrow, gladness, fears, pain and suffering. As difficult as that image was for me to comprehend laying there on that table I realize it was a gift of grace given to me in my hour of need. In that moment Jesus shared His suffering with me in deep understanding and compassion with mine.

I pray for wisdom a lot. To be truly wise is to seek God in every situation. Each day when I lay on that table in a pretty vulnerable state and surrender myself over to the hands of the radiation experts I pray to see the face of God and ask for calmness of spirit and endurance for the task.  God is always there to help and once again I am given the gift of grace in the Presence of God.

“It was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us…so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God.”
Hebrews 2: 17
“In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.”
Hebrews 2: 10
Take joy in the journey and seek God in every situation. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene 

No comments: