Tuesday, May 20, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday!  All is well here at 811. Day 4 and 30 to go.

Dear God, I want your counsel and acknowledge that your wisdom is far greater than my own. Teach me your magnificent ways. You have given me a teachable heart and a powerful desire to learn. Lord, you have modeled godly character and I ask that you lead me to model godly character through knowledge of you in your word and the love in your heart. Help me not to be discouraged when I do not understand or when I miss the mark. Lord, may I honor you always by loving others the way I have been loved by you.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

I love to learn. Each day when I would go to seminary, or go to the library and seek sources for papers to be written or listened to the brilliant minds of the professors in my classes I took great joy in what I was able to learn. There were times that the teaching went over my head and then there were the times that I understood and could embrace the knowledge that I was being taught. And I must be very honest, I truly expected each time I walked into a classroom to be taught. It was my desire to learn the subject matter and then apply it to not only the papers and class discussion, but to my own life in some way. I was prepared to accept that the knowledge of the professor was superior to mine and would impart that knowledge to me.

If we desire to be taught by God then we must be willing to accept that the wisdom and knowledge of God is superior to ours. When we accept God’s counsel we have met the requirements for Him to teach us as students of the Word and practicers of faith. When we open our souls to hear the voice of God He will show us His purposeful course.  Our humbleness is the faithful action we take to listen to God’s voice and receive the teaching of the Almighty.  “Take my yoke upon you and learn of me…”

“He leads the humble in what is right, and the humble He teaches His way.”
Psalm 25:9
“Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.”
Psalm 25: 5

Take joy in the journey and spend time learning from the Master Teacher. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: