Friday, May 30, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is First!  All is well here at 811. 11 treatments down and 23 to go.

Dear God, I give thanks that you are my God, that Jesus is my Savior and that the Holy Spirit lives in me. I thank you that all of your presence lives in me not because anything I have done or deserve, but out of your great love.  I am greatly humbled to be accepted by You. I thank you for the peace and joy that comes from your eternal, gracious and unconditional love. I thank you for protecting my future and for leading me to your purpose for my life. Help me to continue to be obedient and to follow you without wavering. Lord, I love you right back. In Jesus name, amen.

Over the last year I have begun to feel as if there have been abrupt ends to my dreams of a professional clergy ministry. There have been life altering illnesses and interviews that have not gone as well as I had hoped. I have made applications for positions only to be told the position has been filled. But scripture tells me not to despair. I realize that during these past months I have never been out of touch with God and God continues to teach me and restoring my strength for this journey of faith.   I am encouraged by the words of my meditation tonight, “The purpose for your life is so important that God himself protects it for you—you don’t have to fear that it has been lost or ruined forever.” 

So my friends let us each claim this statement about how important we are to God and our purpose. I believe that there is a position for me waiting until I am ready to accept it and fulfill all of the requirements the position will require.  Let each of us no matter how long it takes obey and follow God without wavering even if there are detours and what we perceive as a turning away from the claiming of our dreams. Standing on faith and believing in the resurrected Christ let us believe that God will unfailingly lead us to our purpose which is into the high calling of God which is in Christ Jesus.

“God, your God, chose you out of all the people on Earth for himself as a cherished personal treasure. God wasn’t attracted to you and didn’t choose you because you were big and important.”
Deuteronomy 7: 6-7
“I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me.”
Psalm 57: 2
Take joy in the journey and never, never give up on your drams for God protects us and has a great purpose for us. Write something down that God has taught you today.  Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: