Sunday, May 25, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well here at 811. I have worshipped three times day; once at Rush Creek, then on to Advent to worship with Bruce and Geni and then to be in worship and witness the ordination of my good friend and brother in Christ; Nathan Russell, now Rev. Nathan Russell.  Nathan is a fine musician and his ordination service was reflected in that love of music. We were blessed with the musical offerings of Rev. Cynthia Clawson. She is a Grammy award winner, 5 time Dove award winner and pastor. Her singing and self-accompaniment during the service was masterful, soul filling and consumed with the power and holiness of the Holy Spirit.  It was a time of worship and affirmation of the presence of God in the person of Nathan as he was welcomed into the ranks of the ordained clergy and into the ministry as Christ’s representative of the Church of Jesus Christ now and forever.

Dear God, thank you for giving me a wonderful future and for teaching me to trust you more. I look forward to your excellent plans. I praise you for being my tireless Comforter, Provider, Friend, Healer, Lord and Savior.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

Nathan, if you read this I promise this was my meditation for tonight titled; A Good Future. One of the scriptures tonight for reflection is Jeremiah 29: 11, “I know the plans I have for you…plans to give you a hope and a future.”   God did not give these words to the prophet Jeremiah during a peaceful time. God delivered these words when Judah was being held captive in Babylon. God kept his promise and brought the tribe of Judah back to their homeland and gave them a good future. 

Even though tough times happen in our lives God remains with us and still plans a hope and a good future for each of us. Just like the tribe of Judah who did not remain captive in Babylon, we will not be held captive in our difficult circumstances. A life verse we could all live by is, “And it shall pass…” It is in the difficult times that we learn to trust God. We remember the faithfulness of God is far greater than our faithfulness. And when we think we have run out of faith and hope God is faithfully present to help us with whatever happens.  As I heard from the newly ordained Rev. Nathan Russell today, “God has given us grace for the day, provision for the day, protection and healing for the day.  When others let us down, God does not let us down or abandon us because of his unfailing love and infinite storehouse of grace.  God is always ready to help.

“I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord…’plans to give you hope and a future’.”
Jeremiah 29: 11
“Don’t let your eyes fill with tears. You will be rewarded for your work!” says the Lord…”There is hope for you in the future.”
Jeremiah 31: 16-17
Take joy in the journey praying for Rev. Nathan Russell’s future and for me to claim these scriptures for myself and pray claiming these scriptures for you. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene  

No comments: