Tuesday, May 27, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday! All is well here at 811. 8 treatments down and 26 to go.

Dear God, what amazing things have you prepared for me? I will praise you today for knowing that it is better than anything I could possibly imagine. You are the most powerful influence in my life Lord. Help me obey you in faith and trust when I become anxious over daily situations. Lord help me to act in love and not react in judgment, but focus on your character treating others in  loving ways.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

When is the last time you used your imagination?  Well Bruce and I are going to do something we have only imagined ever being able to do. We are taking a cruise to Alaska.  I have wanted to go ever since my Mom and Dad talked about how completely amazing it is. Some friends of ours told us there is a reason it is called “God’s Country.”  I have seen pictures and can only imagine what this place so filled with God’s beautiful creation must look like. I can’t wait to see whales, glaciers, mountains and trees as tall as the sky.  I can’t wait to see things I have only dreamed about and never thought I ever see in person. 

My imagination is pretty far reaching, but I know it is no match for God’s imagination. My thoughts do not even begin to reach the height or breadth of God’s plans or imagination.  Tonight’s meditation writes, “Whatever it is you dream about, it may seem marvelous—quite certain to make you happy. Yet God wants to increase your wonder and joy be creating something extraordinary.”   The reason for us taking this trip is to put some of the bad memories of this past year behind us and more forward with a fresh perspective. “God wants you to be so amazed at what he does that any memory of hardship fades away and you spontaneously praise him.” 

When I think of the future God has planned for me I know for what I am hoping, but I cannot imagine what God in his imagination has envisioned or has in store.  But here is what I can do. I can thank God for whatever his plans for me are not seen through the earthly eyes. God’s plans for all of us are seen through the eyes of unfailing love and eternal grace. God is good and love wins!

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.”
1 Corinthians 2: 9
You did awesome things beyond our highest expectations. And oh, how the mountains quaked.”
Isaiah 64: 3
Take joy in the journey and give thanks for what God has prepared for us even  when we can only imagine.  Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep, think pink and anchors away!!! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: