Wednesday, April 23, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well here at 811. It feels so great to say that.

Dear God, I thank you for the relationship I have with you. I pray that it will always continue to flourish. Help me to continue to seek you daily so our intimacy can grow deeper all of the days of my life. Fill me to overflowing and give me peace today so that I may bring you glory. The choice to trust or despair has been before me so many times. Help me to choose trust and faith. Help turn my mourning into dancing. Lord, I love you so much. In Jesus name, amen.

Today I was a hall monitor for the state mandated tests that the children take. It is a day without a phone, book, pencil or paper or any distraction from the job at hand. The job is to keep the children not taking the test in the halls quiet while the students taking the test are hard at work. It was a day of quiet. So for me, it is a great day to pray. So today I took the time to give thanks for the blessings in my life and for God’s wonderful grace working through the blessings and trials.  Life has been in turmoil lately. But today I felt at peace. I realize the cancer journey is not yet over, but there is part of it behind me. It is time to move forward. My relationship with God is not just about what happened yesterday or two weeks ago, it is about how I love God and remain in relationship with Him right now so I am prepared for the next steps of the journey. If I fix my eyes on Jesus I know the more intimate my relationship with Him will be and even the harshness of radiation will not dim the light of His Presence in my life.  My soul is finding rest because it is filled with the peace of God’s Spirit.  Spending the day in prayer is a wonderful way to spend the day. God is good and love wins.

“Rivers of living water will brim and spill out of the depths of anyone who believes in me this way just as the scripture says.”
John 7: 18
Take joy in the journey and drink in the peace and tranquility of God’s holy Presence. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: