Tuesday, April 22, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday!  All is well here at 811. Bruce and I met with Doc Adams today only to find out that with the exception of completing radiation I am finished. Dr. Jones (surgeon) spoke about me at their patient meeting this morning and all went as it was expected and I am doing very well. Other than some pain in my underarm I am doing quite well and I expect a full recovery. I told Doc Adams about those who ask me why I am not still in bed following the surgery. He rolled his eyes and said, “Have they met you?!” I replied, “I have things to do.” I have an appointment with the radiation doctor on next Tuesday. So here in several weeks I will check this episode of my life off of the list and move on to the next. Life is an adventure and I am so grateful I do not walk this life and have all of these adventures alone. God is good and love wins! 

Dear God, You are my joy. I praise you for loving and protecting me. I glorify your name for your goodness to all your people. Lord, you are satisfying the deep needs of my soul—for inspiring me with your purpose and refreshing me with your presence. You truly fill me with joy.  Thank you for continuing to heal my body and my soul. Thank you for surrounding me with those who love me because they learned this love from you. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

There was a day several years ago that I stood against Satan and told him that he had no power here. The joy in my soul was being threatened because everything with our son was going south. When I began this cancer journey I walked around with one thought and it repeated over and over again, “I have cancer. I have cancer. I have cancer.”  I watched people walk by me and drive by me on the road going about their lives as if all was well and I was falling apart. And then I remembered that hallway in Houston and I asked God to restore my joy. The power and faithfulness of God is greater than the power of Satan will ever be. God reminded me of His presence in my life and how no matter what happened to me I was loved, protected and redeemed by the Savior who claims me as His joy. So tonight I praise God for His goodness and might. I thank Him for all of the blessings that have come from His hand because He is my joy. 

“Shout his praise with joy! For great is the Holy One of Israel who lives among you.”
Isaiah 12: 6
“Praise the LORD, in song, for He has dome excellent things; let this be known throughout the earth.”
Isaiah 12: 5

Take great joy in the journey and remember how much you are loved by our Savior who claims us as His joy. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: