Thursday, April 24, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811. We are preparing for weekend guests. Tomorrow our oldest and best friend Carme Russell will be spending the evening and part of Saturday with us. And then on Saturday Bruce’s brother and his wife will be spending Saturday and part of Sunday with us. We can hardly wait to see these treasured folks. It will be a weekend filled with family, food and lots of laughter. Please pray travel mercy on these loved ones. God is so very good and love always wins!

Dear God, I praise you for answering my prayers. I believe that you will wither grant my request or provide something infinitely better. Thank you for planting hope in my heart and then allowing  hope to grow into having a peaceful mind. You are my Savior and my God and you are sovereign over all things in my life. I love you Lord and I give thanks that you have provided this wonderful gift of prayer so that we need never be out of touch with you. In Jesus name, amen.

In the mornings when I pray on my way to work I pray for people who are ill, I give thanks for my own healing., I claim God’s sovereignty over my life and I give thanks for all of the people in my life that I love so very much. And then sometimes I pray for the desires of my heart. Sometimes the desires of my heart seem very far away and frustratingly impossible. But tonight my meditation says that when I pray in faith I acknowledge that God can solve any dilemma t when I fully trust Him to help. I am a praying woman. I try very hard to listen to the instructions I receive with a humble spirit of hope. When I do that I have found this to be true each time; If my request is in line with God’s will, God will faithfully provide the desire of my heart. If my request is not within His will for me then God will change my desire and it will not only be different, but it will be so much better. I believe that God is the god of impossible situations, and I also believe that God loves to answer prayer. For me, it is often difficult to wait for the answer, But the good news is that even if I am waiting on answers to my prayers, God has not left me, but remains ever close for his timing is perfect.

“Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will get it.”
Mark 11 24:
“If you have faith in God and don’t doubt, you can tell this mountain to get up and jump into the sea, and it will.”
Mark 11: 23

Take joy in the journey and pray the desires of your heart. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: