Friday, April 25, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is First!  All is well here at 811. Carme got into town late this afternoon and then had dinner with us.  We had such a wonderful visit over homemade burgers and fries for dinner.

Dear God, thank you for providing opportunities and for giving me hope. I praise you for all the good things you are doing. But sometimes Lord, my soul is troubled. I am so very grateful that you speak peace to me. Lord,  help me to always turn to you no matter what is going on. I love you Lord. Thank you for continuing to heal Bruce and I ask for a special look see on my BFF Carme and bless her as she has made her first journey out without her beloved Dave. We missed him tonight and she misses him every night. So Lord, throw an extra blanket of healing grace and comfort over her tonight and begin to h4eal her broken heart. You are so good. Love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

Tonight I write for Carme.
                I understand how her heart just a few months ago cried out for good news.  I am fairly sure that she searched for ways to be optimistic about the future. While Casey helped me learn about faith, Carme helped me learn about hope. God told the prophet Isaiah to look for hope. What Carme has imprinted to the depths of her soul is that no matter what is going on our lives God has the power, wisdom and love to help each of us get through it. Each time I spoke with Carme in the final days of David’s life her understanding of hope claimed this statement, “God is with me.” And today Carme drove from San Antonio with her precious pups. Her first trip out by herself. God is doing new things in her life and will provide new opportunities and endless possibilities. Giving her hope. As Carme and I have shared many things, God is giving me opportunities as a cancer survivor. Others are sending those currently going through cancer right now through FB or by introduction to talk with them about my journey and theirs. I may not yet be ordained, but God is using me and giving me opportunities to help others through my own cancer journey.

Sometimes our lives are like a wilderness. Just remember God led the nation of Israel through the wilderness and took them into a new land; a land promised by God’s very Word. So my friends it may not be easy, but let us walk through the wilderness with glad and hopeful hearts.

“I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it! I will make a ways in the wilderness.”
Isaiah 43: 19
“Praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is so good, and by raising Jesus from death, he has given us new life and a hope that lives on.”
1 Peter 1: 3

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint! Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: