Friday, April 4, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is First!  All is well here at 811. Today was a busy one for me. I was a bit nervous prior to beginning the MRI this morning. The MRI and I did just fine. The folks in the MRI Suite were wonderful and put me at ease and even put a warm blanket on me which caused me to relax even more. Except for the noise it was not unpleasant at all.  I gave thanks while praying and singing (silently)  “The Lord’s Prayer” during the scan.  It ended up only taking about 20 minutes. The funny part to me was one of the sounds sounded like it was saying, “duck, duck, duck, duck…” over and over again. I kept waiting for someone to say “Goose!”  Thank you all for your prayers. I know I felt them and my heart was at peace. God is good and love wins.

Dear God, Thank you for bringing me peace during the procedure today. Thank you for all of the faithful prayer warriors who prayed today and will continue to pray. Lord, You put a smile on my face and a song in my heart. I praise you for your goodness, your love, your wisdom and power.  Help me to stay very close to you and return each day for strength and refreshment of your love and care. Lord, I ask for the Holy Spirit to anoint the sermon I am writing and be worthy of being preached to the congregation.  Thank you Lord. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

I had an uncle who has gone on to glory. While he was here on earth he was the uncle who always had a quarter in his pocket or some small token for his nieces and nephews when he would visit. However, he was also the uncle that you did not ask how he was doing because he was going to tell you. His responses were always about how the things in his house were broken or how he was feeling or how much money he was had spent or was about to on something. While he had love for God and his family in his heart he did not have a mouth for praise.

When we show our praise in words and actions our hearts are at peace. Praise voices our confidence that God is with us no matter what comes our way. We remember the faithful loving presence of God that sustains us and transforms us.  Without praise we have limited understanding of the character of God. Praise changes our focus allowing us to see and experience the power and wisdom of God. So let us praise God right now and step into the light of His living presence and be at peace. I praise God for those he gifted for being healers and creating MRI machines that help others use their gifts for the highest good of caring for others. And I praise God for warm blankets given for comfort. I praise God for my daughter who was with me today giving me encouragement and making me laugh.

“It is good to praise you, Lord…It is good to tell of your love in the morning and of your loyalty at night…LORD, you have made me happy by what you have done.”
Psalm 91: 1-2, 4
Take joy in the journey and praise God with words and actions. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: