Sunday, March 30, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well here at 811. The wedding was perfectly beautiful and full of loving family, friends and great celebration. It was such a fun evening and everyone had a great time.  I was blessed to get to dance last evening with my loving husband, my wonderful son and my precious Dad. It was a night I will not soon forget.  I ask your prayers for Matt and Kendall as they begin their new life together and travel mercy on their trip to Cancun! 

Dear God, Thank you that you are at work even when I cannot see. It is when you are working in unseen ways that you are giving me hope. I ask for help to remember all of the things that I must do to take care of Bruce and myself. I thank you for your peace. Sometimes my emotions get the better of me. So Lord, even in my emotions let me honor you.  Reveal your holiness to me and answer my prayers. I know the power of answered prayer is in you because you are the hearer of my prayers. Thank you for being there when I call and being my friend.  Thank you that when I search for you I find you. And I know the answers you give will be worth the wait. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

I think the best thing about God is that God is God. When God poured himself into the body of Jesus and we entered into relationship with him we became holy. We became forgiven people and our response to this forgiveness is in how we demonstrate that forgiveness in our daily living. The greater intimacy we have with God the closer we come to know God. Becoming “holy” means to be set apart for God in our intimate relationship and our representative love, care and forgiveness of others.

Today at Rush Creek the youth were in charge of the service. The theme of our worship today was forgiveness. The senior youth prepared messages of testimony of how the church had helped shape their lives. Two of these wonderful young people shared painful stories of being on the receiving end of childhood bullying. Through the representative faith and modeling of forgiveness of the church they were able to forgive those who had mistreated them in their past. I witnessed one of these young people take their place behind the table of grace and communion. He led us through the service of the representative body and blood of Jesus speaking the words of institution and inviting us to this place of reconciliation.  I was humbled at the demonstration of the simple understanding of the complex concept of grace.  We were invited to come and share in the holy meal and be reconciled to one another and to God once again.  God has blessed these mighty young people with true holiness as they continue to imitate the holiness of God.  God is good and love wins!

“I am the Lord your God; so consecrate yourselves and be holy, for I am holy.”
Leviticus 11: 44

Take joy in the journey loving and forgiving others as we travel through. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene 

No comments: