Tuesday, March 25, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday!  All is well here at 811. 

Dear God, I do so thank you for your wonderful, unfailing compassion. I pray to build my life upon faith, hope, love and courage. Lord, I ask you to guide me on the right path. Every day you bring a new beginning to our lives with the chance to know you more and to show others what it means to love You by how we treat each other.  Your love is constantly around me and I hope in you alone. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

Several years ago friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer and her first words to me were “Gaylene, we are down, but we are not out.”  I recall these words tonight and the theological wisdom attached to them. God is not finished with any of us. Our hope in whatever situation we are facing (and each of us fights a battle of some kind!) has not come to an end. The reason we can claim that hope is  that God’s goodness, kindness and faithfulness have no end and I have to believe that one day all of the wrongs and difficult challenges each of us face will be righted and better than they were before and  made new!. The good news is we get a new beginning every day. God’s unfailing compassion gives us a fresh start to each new day. Because of God’s abundant love for us we are given the grace-filled gift allowing us to experience the greatness of his faithfulness. Let us give thanks for that unfailing compassion and tender mercy that fills our souls with peace.

“Because of the LORD’s faithful love we do not perish for His mercies never end.”
Lamentations 3: 22
“Deep in my heart I say “The LORD is all I need. I can depend on him! The LORD is kind to everyone who trusts and obeys him.”
Lamentations 3: 24-25

Take joy in the journey sacrificing thank offerings to God. Give thanks to God for something each day even when it is really hard.  Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: