Tuesday, February 18, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday!  All is well here at 811.

Dear God, I sit before you in quiet and joyful expectation. Truly, you are God. Show yourself in a mighty way through the stillness. Thank you for leading me. I trust you even when I don’t understand your directions. Thank you that with you, answers are assured and I am always in Your Presence. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

Tonight my meditation gives some great instructions for having a quiet time.  The words of the meditation tell us to find a place where we can be very quiet before God. And in the quietness, relinquish to God as an offering the things that fill our minds and then offer ourselves and …listen. Let us close our eyes and picture ourselves before the throne of grace in the holy temple. Then, let the Spirit speak directly to our hearts. Listening for what we are being taught, asking for forgiveness.

As I was paraphrasing the words of the author of my meditation tonight I was struck by something. In the steps of the meditation there are a number of times that we are asked to be quiet. Perhaps that is the reason we have been given two ears and one mouth. Maybe we are meant to listen twice as much as we are to talk.  As I read, meditated on the scripture passages and then wrote I found myself having a quiet time. I began to put aside the events of the day and picture myself at the throne of grace in the holy presence of God. My cares dissolved and I felt bathed in the brilliant light of the God I have loved and worshiped all of my life.  So in this quiet moment let us each allow praise to fill our hearts. Keep silent before God and enjoy the presence of our Lord and Savior.

“The Lord is in His Holy temple; let all the earth hush and keep silence before him.
Habakkuk 2: 20
“It is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the LORD.”
Lamentations 3: 26

Take joy in the journey remembering that faith, hope and prayer do not disappoint. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Wear comfortable shoes, pray for Carme and her family and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: