Friday, February 21, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is First! All is well here at 811. I did not post a message from Greetings from Austin Street because I spent several hours filling out an application for Texas Health Resources for the position of chaplain.  There may be a large number of applicants ahead of me, but it is a start. The service for David Russell is Sunday at Hill Country Christian Church. Geni and I are singing and Bruce is preparing to speak. I am so proud of him and his courage to attempt to speak a few words to honor his best friend for over 30 years. Please continue to pray for Carme’s family and all friends as we travel to celebrate the life of David Paul Russell.

Dear God, I do believe that you can do the impossible and that you will help me in my circumstances. You are Holy and worthy of all my praise. Thank you for forgiving me of all my sins. Thank you for the lessons of love and teaching me to love others the way you love others. It is through your perfect forgiveness that makes room in my heart for your love to flow through me. I pray to believe more and have a deeper relationship to you. Lord, there are many who will be travelling or have already arrived  to celebrate the life of our dearest friend and your faithful servant David Paul Russell. Bring us all together safely and in a spirit of praise and worship lifting your name. May we all hold Carme, Shaleena, Sarah, Mary and Mark in our thoughts and please Lord, especially attend these dear ones in your strong arm filling and surrounding them with peace and comfort. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

“When there’s nothing left to do but just depend on you and the power of your name.”  For me this statement is where we land when there is nothing on this earth that can solve the problems we are facing.  This statement says that our only hope is in God. Belief in the God that brought about phenomenal miracles in ancient Israel can provide a solution to our present day problems. I believe that the same God that parted the waters is willing to work in each of our own unique situations as well. When we land between belief and unbelief we are stuck in our faith through the sin of doubt. Just as those ancient Hebrew folk trusted God to do the impossible in their lives we must do the same and truly believe.  God is good and love wins!

“I do believe; help my unbelief.”
Mark 9: 24
“All things are possible to him who believes.”
Mark 9: 23
Take joy in the journey remembering that faith, hope, prayer and belief do not disappoint. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: