Wednesday, February 19, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday! All is well here at 811. 

Dear God, I am learning to trust you and learning to praise you with an open heart. I rejoice in your faultless strength and know your mighty hand will provide the victory.  Today Lord, in my moment of need I remembered that with all of the changes that have occurred in my life, the losses I have experienced and concerns that weigh on my heart that You are the constant in my life and for that I worship you in praise. I trust in your strength. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

How was your quiet time today? I remembered the quiet place is always my car. I have about a 25 minute drive to school. I listened to my Sarah Young devotion and began my prayer time. It was a wonderful prayer time and I was prepared for the day by the time I reached school. On my way home I give thanks for the day as is my custom and then I began to think of several things that make me sad and remind me of losses I have experienced and several of the burdens I carry. I found myself becoming quite emotional while driving down the road. It was then I remembered that the constant in my life has always been God. I found myself praising God for His continual presence in my life and God’s all sufficient strength. I found myself before the throne of grace turning from my suffering to God’s sufficiency. God’s unfailing love and tender grace replaced the pain of my trials with the reality of triumph. Today, I discovered the worship of God helped me refocus my attention on God and come to understand the power of praise. God is good and love wins!

“Be exalted, Lord, in Your strength; we will sing and praise Your Power.”
Psalm 21: 13
“You have granted him the desire of his heart and have not withheld the request of his lips. You welcomed him with rich blessings.”
Psalm 21: 2-3
Take joy in the journey remembering that hope, faith, prayer and praise do not disappoint. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Wear comfortable shoes, pray for Carme’s family and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: