Sunday, February 16, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well here at 811. Busy day of worship, a wonderful concert of the Norwegian Men and Boys Choir at Advent and then we drove to Plano where I got to hold my brand new great nephew for a very long time. He is so beautiful and perfect. I also saw his Mom and Dad and my brother and sister-in-law. But today they came in a close second to baby Oliver.  It was a day of great and wonderful joy. God is so very good and His perfect love wins.

Dear God, I trust that you are a faithful and able leader. Thank you that my future is a work in your hands. In this prayer today I pray that my life would bring you much praise, for you are truly worthy. My prayer for each of us today is that you would grant the desires of our hearts. Bless this new little family with great joy.  Thank you for bringing this precious one into our family and placing him into the loving arms of Stephanie, Stephen and the loving embrace of a family who has already fallen in love with him. Guide them as they teach him Your ways. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

Did you ever wonder what God is doing in your life? In my meditation tonight it offers that it is okay if we do not know what God is doing or intends for us to do. It is better to ask this question, “Do we have the confidence that God knows where he is leading us?”  Here is what I need to learn and perhaps you do to; my hope should not be based on what I think or understand of God and  what God’s purpose is for me. Rather that my faith be firmly grounded in God. God works in eternal time and I tend to work on earthly time and set personal deadlines. All  is in God’s hands and not mine or yours. It is God’s perfect timing and God’s able hands that will work out His purpose for each of our lives. 

“The Lord will fulfill [His purpose] for me, Lord Your love is eternal.”
Psalm 1: 38: 8
“We will shout for joy over your victory and celebrate your triumph by praising our God. May the Lord answer all your requests.”
Psalm 20: 5

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope, faith and prayer do not disappoint. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Continue to pray for Carme and her family. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: