Thursday, September 5, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Thursday!  The neurologist was very happy with Bruce’s progress. He commended us on the fact that Bruce received treatment so quickly. Bruce was amazed at the x-rays, but seemed to understand everything the doctor told us.  The doctor also said that he estimated Bruce’s recovery to be 6 months to a year. That coincides with what the Doc at CNS said. I think the extra activity last night with replacing glass caught up with Bruce tonight as he was exhausted after his therapies today. The neurologist also educated us on what the symptoms of a stroke would look like since there was no forewarning of this one. The doc said to get help immediately and not wait for things to get better. I have written these words permanently in my brain and hope I never have to remember them!  God is good and love wins.

“Rejoice and exult in hope; be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation; be constant in prayer”

Romans 15: 13

 

Sometimes this situations kind of gets to me. When the circumstances of Bruce’s illness, school, house and family weigh me down I usually cry and then I pray. In my prayer time today God revealed to me that as I pray for Bruce to be healed, I need to pray for me to understand. I miss talking with Bruce. Our house is kind of quiet and dinner conversation is limited. We haven’t really been able to talk about school or what he is doing in rehab. We have talked through everything all of our married life. Sometimes I get sad when I talk to Bruce and he understands what I am saying, but cannot respond. I now think I understand it better from his side. He can understand what I am saying, and in his head he is hearing what he wants to say, but cannot respond back in an understandable language.

Each time I pray I lift my soul in hopeful anticipation and now I am hoping to be given the gift of understanding and taking joy in waiting in the Presence of God. The longer I live in hope the more God can bless.  The more we are open to the gift of hope given to us by faith in God the more space God can fill with joy. My best friend says, “Hope never disappoints.” I claim this promise from the book of Romans Ch. 5. I ask you to claim it with me and for yourself.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our cares upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for all of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

Prayer request:  Tomorrow morning I have a phone interview with the company that is (hopefully) going to help us get Social Security Benefits for Bruce. Please say a prayer that I give all of the appropriate information and that the Holy Spirit will also work on our behalf and through the red tape so he can receive benefits until he can complete rehab and go back to work full time. Thank you friends. Peace, gc

No comments: