Tuesday, September 10, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Tuesday!  My day began by singing for my Disciples History class. Each of us signed up for prayer to open class and I asked if I could sing my prayer. I sang, “I’ll Keep My Eyes On You.” It is a piece by Cynthia Clawson; one of my favorite singers. I was accompanied by a magnificent accompanist, great friend and Brite colleague. Singing is the most therapeutic thing I do. Tonight Bruce washed dishes and put the leftovers from dinner away. I was working in my study and he came in to ask if the avocado salad was to be kept or thrown away. I did not understand what he was asking and got up to find out what he was talking about and he said, “It’s green.” Problem solved.  It was a great moment and tonight we sang table grace and it was perfect.  The harmony he always provides was spot on and the words were in place. High fives were given after the Amen!  It was a gift and a blessing and made me very happy. Team Chrystie for the win. God is good and love wins!

“The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.”

Psalm 145: 18

Romans 8 tells us that nothing can separate us for the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. The world works overtime to tear apart the holy bond between the love of Jesus and those who have trusted Him as Lord and Savior. Terrible circumstances, people trying to control, even death do their due diligence to tear our faith in God from us. But today in class I was given a great truth about death; “Death does not end a faithful relationship with God.”  Death opens up the relationship with God with no barriers and new ways to experience the perfect and unfailing love of God. God embodies perfect Love and we experience the fullness of the Divine nature of God. (Aren’t you glad I went to seminary?)

When we trusted Jesus as our Lord and Savior we were joined into a relationship that no matter what we are doing God walks with us and it a co-participant with us. When we are facing adversity or things are going along just fine and we invite God into more and more of the aspects of our life we find peace and any emptiness we have experienced seem to get less. Lean on God when the times are hard and celebrate with God in joyous times. God is as close as our next breath, whispered prayer and is ever in our being cloaking us in perfect love.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude. Let us cast our cares on the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for all of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: