Friday, September 13, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Friday! TGIF…Today God is First!  I really like that saying.

I spent the morning putting together a resume for a job interview. The job is not available for about a month as yet. I am asking for your prayers as I prepare for the interview and the potential employment that for which I am qualified and will meet the schedule I currently have to follow.  Also a wonderful nurse friend of mine reminded me that headaches and vision issues could be caused by blood pressure problems. Bruce takes BP medication. She suggested that I begin to monitor Bruce’s blood pressure at home. I should have thought of that myself. I will begin monitoring at home.

“By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me—a prayer to the God of my life.”

Psalm 42: 8

A dear gentleman paid a call on me today. He lost his sweet wife seven months ago to complications from a stroke. He feels a kindred spirit with me and frequently asks about how Bruce and I are doing. His feelings are still very tender. He shared with me that there are those who say, “It’s been seven months. Just get over it.”  He had his wife were married probably for 60 years or more. You don’t get over a relationship that has lasted a lifetime in a matter of months. It has been almost five years since our beloved Casey died. As we shared these moments of painful grief and loss we agreed that you can’t step over, or go around your losses. You get through them.  The love of God directs itself in the holes in our souls and shares our grief.  I have the fullest of confidence that Bruce will regain his speech and language abilities, but the truth is I will not have the Bruce of July 15 ever again. I miss that Bruce.  This is a different grief and a loss that I am experiencing. The good news is that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of life. I am blessed to get to experience this new life in Bruce because of God’s unfailing grace and the Spirit of life that we have been granted.  When the Holy Spirit enters and fills us with life we are empowered by the unfailing Presence of the living God to live abundantly and to live life at its fullest.  God is good and love wins.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our cares upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for all of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 Prayer alert:  Givign thanks to Gd for Dave's successful surgery.  Please continue your prayers for him as he will soon begin a lengthy rehab. Carme and Dave so appreciate all of your prayers and good thoughts. Peace, gc

                                                      

No comments: