Friday, August 30, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Friday! Tonight Bruce and I attended the Ranger baseball game. The Rush Creek Christian Church Choir sang the National Anthem at the game tonight. We had the most wonderful time. It was hot, but we stayed well hydrated and enjoyed Ballpark cuisine. We made it to the top of the 7th inning and Bruce was ready to come home. Rangers lost, but it was still a fun time. Even though the Rangers lost;  the Chrysties won by being present at the game. God is good and love wins!

“My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.”

2 Corinthians 12:9

If you told me on July 16 that I would be sitting at the Ballpark in Arlington with Bruce watching a ballgame I would have said, “No way.” I was not in a place of serenity or contentment or even peace. I was a terrified mess and could not see beyond the next breath that Bruce or I was even drawing. And believe me I watched each breath Bruce took during those first couple of nights. Bruce has made progress in his recovery beyond anything any of the doctors could imagine. I was in the midst of a fear-inducing situation and even though I was praying I was not doing a lot of listening.

Sarah Young, author of the Jesus Calling series says that God offers godly contentment and serenity that flows out of trusting in My Great sufficiency. God teaches us through difficult situations to depend on Him alone even if the path leads in directions we would not have chosen. If we can learn to live in with the provisions God provides for us now then maybe when the tough times come we won’t be so anxious, but we will remember to fix our eyes on God and be confident in His grace and sufficiency. We can ask the Holy Spirit to help us to think godly thoughts that bring peace to our minds and hearts so that we can think clearly and experience the peace even during the storm through which we are passing. “Your grace is enough. Your grace is enough. Your grace is enough for me.” (I love this song.)

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our cares upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for all of us to be awake.

No comments: