Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Tuesday!


I have about half of my paper finished. I also had a splendid interview with the Chaplain of the Allred State Prison where Bruce and others participate in the Kairos Prison Ministry. The Chaplain’s information will really be helpful for the completion of my paper.

Prayer:  Lord of counsel, we commend ourselves to You in every way; in trouble, hardships, distress and rejoicing and praise. Lord of hope, You are so much more than just a feeling. We place our confidence in You to do what You have promised as our Savior and Lord. Your promise to be present in our lives as the one constant brings such joy and sweet peace. We are ever grateful, Lord.  We lift up the sacrifice of praise to You without complaint and ask that You receive our sacrifice out of Your great love. Lord, in Your mercy, hear this prayer, Amen.

Why are you in despair, O my soul/ And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise him for the help of His presence.”

Psalm 42: 5

Do you think that when we pray for trust in God, that God just zaps us with trust or do you think God gives us opportunities to practice learning to trust? God offers us opportunities to practice trust and hope in Him through praising Him regardless of how we feel.

We begin this lesson by recognizing God’s Presence in our lives as a constant. When we rejoice and praise God during difficult times then our words of hope and trust in God lift us above our circumstances. We find the path of gratitude and with each step we take and each utterance of praise we begin to experience joy. This is the sacrifice of praise. 

Sometimes we need to whisper the words, “Jesus, I seek Your face.”  “As servants of God, we commend ourselves in every way in great endurance, in troubles, hardships and distresses…sorrowful, yet always rejoicing: poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.” (2 Corinthians 6: 4, 10)

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, cast your worries upon God and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no need for both of you to be awake. Love you lots, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.



No comments: