Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!


Decorated the table, ate a sumptuous meal at Chez’ Chrystie and then watched the fireworks at the Highlands. The fireworks were really different this year. As Bruce said, “Someone is getting really creative with the pyrotechnics.”  The night was really nice with a breeze, two comfy chairs and my sweetheart.

Prayer alert:   Please pray for the family of Violet Patterson. Her daughter is the pianist at Rush Creek Christian. Vivian (the daughter) had just helped her mother move into assisted living and Mrs. Patterson passed away within the week.  Mrs. Patterson’s funeral is tomorrow. Thank you for your prayers.

Prayer:  God of the broken heart, bring healing to the sadness and having mercy on the broken soul. Your sacred Word calls us to seek You while You may be found and to call on You while You are near. Lord, in Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen.

“Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. ‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55: 6-9

We are not immune from struggles. Leaning on our own understanding is what we usually try first. This is really a tough mindset to break. Most of us are ‘fixers.” It is easier to fix it ourselves instead of asking for help. 

Here is a powerful piece of truth. (I am learning this the hard way.) “We can no more understand the wisdom of God than we can create something out of nothing.” God created us in His image and gifted us with different gifts, talents and creativity  When we are struggling and do not understand especially when we think we have something sort of under control and then the issue rises up and hits you in the face or heart again…God calls us to remember that He is the great I AM.

My friends, it then that we need to bow before the God who lovingly and graciously created us and offer up ourselves. We need to worship the One whose thoughts are greater than our thoughts and whose ways are greater than our ways.  In the majesty of God, He came to earth so that we could know Him as the Holy One who died for us.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, cast your cares upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway and there is no need for all of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: