Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Monday and Happy July!


What awesome weather for the first of July! I did not turn on the air conditioning in the main part of the house all day!

Two events of the day...took a large load of things to Mission Arlington and got my paper started. The paper is not due until July 15, but I hope to have it completed by the weekend so Bruce can edit it. I have a phone interview with a prison chaplain tomorrow, so the paper should be interesting. Please say a prayer as I write. This paper is really different from any other I have ever written.

Prayer:  God of restoration, healing and forgiveness, I believe You are living unconditional love. Lord, You are with us and are mighty to save. I don’t always understand why You take delight in us, but Your word says You do. When I am upset I thank You for quieting me with Your unfailing love and ever present undeserved grace. Thank You for Your forgiveness. Thank You for Your tender mercies and lifting us to the highest place of all when we come before You kneeling at Your feet with humble hearts and penitent souls, secure in Your love no matter what. Lord, in Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen.

“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”

Zephaniah 3: 17

I love being a Mom. Sometimes being a Mom is tough and you wish you could rent your kids out cheap. But the truth is that I delighted in my children every day of their lives.  I love them more than they can ever imagine until they have children of their own.

God loves us the same way. God must get frustrated with us sometimes. I don’t think God gets so frustrated with our sin as much as He gets frustrated with our lack of asking for forgiveness. Just like I take delight in our children each day because they are our children, God takes delight in us as his children because we are His beloved creation.

When you are a parent, each day brings its own challenges and sometimes there is brokenness that tears us to our very souls. But each day when we seek the face of God we can relax and remember that God’s love for us is greater than any challenge or hurt we will ever encounter. Just as our children do not earn our love, we cannot earn the love of God. We must simply accept it, relax in it and let our gratitude for this unfailing love keep us close to the God of salvation so that we may learn of His will for us and we may follow His leading for our lives. But no matter what, God delights in us.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, casting your care upon God. Get some sleep. God is awake all night anyway so there is no need for both of you to be awake! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: