Friday, April 5, 2013


Happy Thursday! 

We had all three of the kids over for dinner tonight. I made a new recipe for a taco pie!  Totally delicious!  It was so great to have the kids all around the table again and the fun they all have.  They have grown up so well and we are so proud of them. They have a wonderful journey of life ahead of them.  We love them so much!

Prayer:  Holy One, Living Lord, How I love you, my Savior. I give you thanks for every blessing you have ever given to me and all you will continue to bestow. Thank you for always being with me when I look for you and call your name. I am assured of never having to face anything alone.  Thank You that You have made this promise to all who have placed their trust in You.  In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“Go make disciples of all nations…teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Matthew 28: 19-28

Imagine how awed the disciples were when Jesus spoke these final words to them.  Here they were in the presence of the risen Savior who was giving them His final commands, their “marching orders” and promising them He would be there with them always.  After they recovered from this phenomenal experience do you think the words soaked in? Do you think they understood exactly what He meant for them to “go make disciples of all nations?” 

Somehow they must have had a clue because very soon we hear of preaching, teaching and gathering in Jesus’ name. We hear of journeys, persecution, prison stays and the beginning of the Church in the homes of individuals.  They seemed to be a focused group until their deaths.  They appear to be completely driven to tell the story of Jesus to all the nations just as Jesus commanded them.

How focused are we?  Are we able to stay awake in the garden and pray? Are we able to stay focused in worship and not answer a text message?  Do our minds wander during the reading of the Word or the preaching of the message?  What are the distractions that take our eyes off of God?

The world, our world, is full of deceptions that distract us and take our eyes off of the Holy One.  The good news is when those times happen all we have to do is to refocus our thoughts on Jesus and whisper His loving name in loving contentment and Satan, who works so hard to take our minds off of Jesus, is defeated once again. 

The best way to battle Satan’s deceptions is to stay grounded in the Word and pray.  Tonight my meditation uses the word “absorb.”  We need to study and absorb the Holy Scripture.  Remember Jesus at His temptation claimed the Word of God and defeated Satan. 

My dear friends, disappointment and discouragement comes to us all the time, but we can refuse to let it overcome.  Jesus promised that He would be with us until the end of the age. We need never face anything alone.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: